Isn’t it great to breath-in fresh air first thing in the morning? The growing health awareness has led to the hunt for the best air purifier in India. People now are more interested in investing in preserving their lungs, as good health is a priority. It is all the more exciting if you have an appliance that promises to ‘purify’ your air for you. This is where the need and demand for the best air purifier for home in India come into the picture. So, what exactly is the ‘thrill’ all about?
An air purifier is exactly what it sounds like; a device that ‘cleanses’ the air around you. It also promises to help you get rid of odours, smoke, dust, and also pet dander. This is a must-have for people living in a country like India. As we are 1 billion in number, the air around us is just as ‘congested with everything’ imaginable. While not much can be done about the air outside, however, what you breathe indoors can be taken care of by this machine. So, which is the best air purifier in India? Let us take a look at the buyer’s guide we have compiled for you.
- Best Air Purifier in India - Reviews
- 1. Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (Advanced Technology), Wi-fi & Bluetooth Enabled, Tower TP04 (Black/Nickel)
- 2. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
- 3. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, TP03 (White/Silver)
- 4. Philips High-Efficiency Air Purifier AC2887, with Vitashield Intelligent Purification, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with numerical PM2.5 display, ideal for master bedroom.
- 5. Coway Professional Air-Purifier, Special Green Anti-Virus True HEPA Filter (AirMega 150 (AP-1019C))
- 6. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration.
- 7. Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier (Champagne Gold)
- 8. Mi 2S Vertical Air Purifier (White)
- 9. Sharp Air Purifier for Homes & Offices | Dual Purification - ACTIVE (Plasmacluster Technology) & PASSIVE FILTERS (True HEPA H14+Carbon+Pre-Filter) | JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY l Captures 99.97% of Impurities | Model: FP-F40E-W | White
- 10. Atlanta Healthcare 7-Stage 43-Watt Air Purifier With Hepa, Ionizer, Anti-Bacterial Filter, Activated Carbon, Photo Catalyst And Uv [Cadr = 120 Cum/Hr]
- 11. KENT Aura Room Air Purifier 45-Watt with HEPA Technology (White)
- 12. Honeywell Air Touch A5 53-Watt Room Air Purifier (Champagne Gold)
- Which Cities in India Have The Poorest Quality of Air?
- Best Air Purifier in India- Buying Guide
- Uses/Functions of an Air Purifier
- Figure Out The Pollution Level In Your Home
- Best Air Purifiers Brands
- Benefits of an Air Purifier
- Best Air Purifier in India-FAQs
- Best Air Purifier in India- The conclusion
Best Air Purifier in India - Reviews
1. Dyson Pure Cool Air Purifier (Advanced Technology), Wi-fi & Bluetooth Enabled, Tower TP04 (Black/Nickel)
Here is a good air purifier from the brand house of Dyson. The product is known for its efficiency and quality. This is one of the best air purifier company in India and offers clean air within moments. Now, you no longer have to worry about breathing-in dirty air, as the Dyson air purifier is sure to ‘clean-away’ your fears. Let us take a look at some of its detailed features:
- Coverage Area: 600 sq. ft
- Filters: 360 degrees Glass HEPA Filter & Tris Impregnated Activated Carbon Filter
- Noise: Silent Operation
- Product Dimension: 20.6 x 22.3 x 105.4 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: Built-in Notification
- Carbon Filter Life: Built-in Notification
- Warranty: 2 years
- The product utilizes 40 watts of power.
- Features 10-speed setting, thus making it one of the best air purifiers online.
- The machine features Senses and Displays pollutants in real-time. Now particles as small as PM 2.5, PM 10, VOC, NO2 can be captured.
- A 360-degree vacuum-sealed glass filter combines activated Carbon filter and Glass HEPA filter to ensure capturing of 99.9% of microbes.
- The airflow max setting is 361/s for this machine.
- Includes Sleep timer, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth enabled.
- 350-degree oscillation for proper circulation. The settings can be adjusted to 45, 90, and 350 degrees to properly purify the air around.
- Automatic reporting is done on the Dyson Link app. This is easily connected through Wi-Fi and Bluetooth.
- The Nighttime mode makes it easier to operate for quiet settings and dim lights.
- Is a patented Air MultiplierTM technology
- The Drought-free diffused mode makes it for safe airflow via side vents.
- The powerful bladeless fans make it easier to operate even in Summers when the device offers cool air.
- You no longer have to worry about maintenance, as the design provides quick and easy filter changing.
- The device is designed to clean the entire air through-out the room, as compared to the bubble of clean air in the case of other machines.
PROS & CONS
2. Mi Air Purifier 3 with True HEPA Filter and Smart App Connectivity
- Coverage Area: 484 Sqft
- Filters: 3 layers of Filtration
- Noise: Quiet
- Product Dimension: 24 x 24 x 52 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life:
- Carbon Filter Life:
- Warranty: 1 year Excluding Filter
- HEPA Filters with 99.97% efficiency.
- Includes OLED touch display, for instant operation and smooth operation.
- Features Smart app control.
- The filtration process is done through a 3-layer composite HEPA filter.
- Now, you can rest free, as an unmatched cleaning power of 380 cubic meters per hour takes place.
- Comprises of 360-degree air intake across the room to eliminate 99.9% of microbes up to size 0.3 micrometres.
- Features the Smart App control, thus allowing ease of use for the Urban life.
- The Machine has an innovative design for consistent Airflow, thus offering you clean air throughout the day irrespective of the pollution, temperature, or long hours of operations.
- Operation power: 38 Watts, with energy-efficient and silent functioning.
PROS & CONS
3. Dyson Pure Cool Link Tower WiFi-Enabled Air Purifier, TP03 (White/Silver)
Look no further if you are in a highly polluted environment and require an air purifier to help you breathe a little better. The Dyson Pure cool is one of the best air purifiers in India and is known for its efficiency and features.
- Coverage Area: n/a
- Filters: HEPA, Tris-Coated Activated Carbon Filter
- Noise: 64. 4dBA
- Product Dimension: 20 x 18.5 x 102.2 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: 12 Months
- Carbon Filter Life: 12 Months
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Features 10-speed settings.
- The device is known to remove 99.9% of microbes sized at PM 0.1.
- Offers a complete purification experience through the ‘projection and circulation’ of clean air throughout the room.
- With the lower face velocity and HEPA filter, 99.9% of the pollutants remain trapped in the filter, without escaping back into the air.
- The Dyson Link app makes it easy to monitor, react, and purify as required.
- 360 degrees Glass HEPA filter along with Tris-coated Activated Carbon makes purification a simple task.
- A complete cleaning is ensured through the Oscillation feature of the device.
- The HEPA filter is packed with Borosilicate microfibres
- This product has been certified by the Asthma and Allergy Foundation of America.
- Features remote control App, making it best-selling air purifier in India.
PROS & CONS
4. Philips High-Efficiency Air Purifier AC2887, with Vitashield Intelligent Purification, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with numerical PM2.5 display, ideal for master bedroom.
Philips is one of the best air purifier company India. The product is designed for ease and efficiency and is recommended for its good performance. Let us understand further some of the unique features that set this brand apart.
- Coverage Area: 269 – 409 Sq ft
- Filters: HEPA, NanoProtect Filter
- Noise: 20.5 dBA
- Product Dimension: 24 x 35.9 x 55.8 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: As Per the ‘Alert’ on the Device
- Carbon Filter Life: As per the ‘Alert’ on the Device
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Includes AeraSense which is a professional sensing technology with three smart pre-settings.
- The Healthy Air Protect accurately calculates indoor air pollution.
- The Low Noise feature allows for silent operation through the night.
- The Smart Light Control, one can easily control the intensity of the light as per requirement.
- Enjoy clean air delivery with the help of VitaSheild IPS technology with air delivery up to 344 cubic meters per hour.
- Designed to remove small particles sized at 0.02 Microns
- The Aerodynamic design makes the device efficient.
- Features special ‘Allergen mode.’
- Also features ‘Bacteria and Virus Mode.’
PROS & CONS
5. Coway Professional Air-Purifier, Special Green Anti-Virus True HEPA Filter (AirMega 150 (AP-1019C))
This is the best air purifier brand in India. The product is one of the fastest moving products, with eight units sold every minute. Coway features some of the most innovative features that make it a great buy with positive results.
- Coverage Area: 355 sq.ft/ 33 sq. ft
- Filters: Pre-Filter, Patented Urethane Carbon Filter
- Noise : 22- 49 dB
- Product Dimension: 41.5 x 24.5 x 52.5 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: 8500 Hours
- Carbon Filter Life: 8500 Hours
- Warranty: 5 Years( Motor)+ 1 Year(Product)
- The Cartridge Design allows removing the pre-filter without having to open the front cover.
- The design offers ease of maintenance with the unique batch separation.
- Easy Tag, which is fixed on the side of the HEPA filter, helps in removing the filter from the filter section efficiently.
- Allows safe cleaning experience through Vacuum cleaning of the filters.
- The Smart air quality monitors indoor air quality through intuitive colours.
- Operates on 230V 50 Hz
- Delivery rate: 303 cubic m/hr
- Can trap PM10 and PM 2.5 particle size
- Features ‘smart pollution sensors’.
- The HEPA filter is 25 mm thick, making this product the top air purifier in India.
- Features the Patented Carbon Filter that helps in the longevity and efficiency of productivity.
PROS & CONS
6. Philips AC1215/20 Air purifier, removes 99.97% airborne pollutants with 4-stage filtration.
Philips brings to you one of the best air purifiers in India under 10000. This product is one-of-a-kind that has been designed for the long-run with efficient results. Globally, Philips is one of the most trusted and reliable brands in the field of electronics.
- Coverage Area: 226 – 333 sq ft
- Filters: double layered H 13 Grade HEPA filter,
- Noise : 33 dBA
- Product Dimension : 32.5 x 54.1 x 21.1 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: To be Cleaned in 4 Months
- Carbon Filter Life: To be Cleaned in 4 Months
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Includes 4-stage filtration process, thus making it one of the best selling air purifier in India
- Features real-time quality indicator for the clear view of the indoor air quality.
- The Night Sensing mode helps for a dim-light and silent operation.
- The process of purification starts in 12 minutes
- With the Auto-Purification Mode, smart sensors can detect particles sized as small as PM 2.5.
- Filter HEPA Series 1 offers a superior cleaning operation against harmful airborne particles.
- The Healthy air Protect is an added asset that allows you to know when it is the right time to replace the filters.
- Includes three auto modes
- Features Vitashield IPS to remove 0.02 micrometre-sized particles
- You need not worry about the safety of your family, with the all-new Child Lock feature.
- The Product is ECARE certified, thus making it a trusted product.
PROS & CONS
7. Honeywell Air Touch i8 42-Watt Air Purifier (Champagne Gold)
Honeywell has long since been known for the manufacture of some of the best air purifiers in
India. This is a sleek model with fine features and easy-to-use accessibility. The brand itself is a
trusted one and rarely disappoints in delivering the best.
- Coverage Area: 36 sq Meters
- Filters: HEPA, HiSiv
- Noise: Low Sound Operation
- Product Dimension: 45 x 28 x 56 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: 3000 hrs
- Carbon Filter Life: n/a
- Includes Child Lock feature, which makes it safe for the complete family.
- The device is designed to be energy efficient with a high filter life of 3000 hours. This also ensures low power consumption.
- The product is Energy Efficient with a power consumption range equivalent to a 1-3 CFL bulb.
- Ensures 3D Air Flow, thus the entire room is appropriately purified.
- Power-cleaning in 10 minutes, with an area coverage of 36 sq m. With the high CADR, one can effectively clean the entire area.
- Wattage is 42 W
- Has a silent fan feature due to the Low Sound Operation.
PROS & CONS
8. Mi 2S Vertical Air Purifier (White)
This product is one of the best air purifiers in India under 15000. The unique features have been designed to offer a seamless function and health-positive results for the users. The reviews have been encouraging, making it a bestseller.
- Coverage Area: 21m² ~ 37m²
- Filters: H11-grade filtration
- Noise : Silent Operation
- Product Dimension: 24 x 24 x 52 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: n/a
- Carbon Filter Life: n/a
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Features 360 degrees air intake.
- With the Automatic Brightness Adjustment, one can enjoy a night of undisturbed sleep.
- Features the Laser Particle Sensor and high CADR of 310m³ PM/hr. ‘
- The user can easily monitor the mode of operation through the App. Now you can know the pollution levels, air quality, and more through the app.
- Includes 3–layer filtration that removes airborne particles, the middle layer removes micron-sized particles and the innermost layer removes Formaldehyde and odours.
- The High Precision Laser Sensors can detect particles as small as 0.3 micrometres.
- Offers three different modes of operation.
- Features OLED display which can check PM 2.5 levels of pollution.
- Covers 310m³ PM/hr CADR.
- Shows Real-time PM 2.5 concentration.
- Also displays temperature and humidity levels.
- Operating Voltage: 100-240 V, Power: 50/60 Hz.
PROS & CONS
9. Sharp Air Purifier for Homes & Offices | Dual Purification - ACTIVE (Plasmacluster Technology) & PASSIVE FILTERS (True HEPA H14+Carbon+Pre-Filter) | JAPANESE TECHNOLOGY l Captures 99.97% of Impurities | Model: FP-F40E-W | White
This is one of the best air purifiers in India and is known for its innovative technology. Sharp is a trusted brand and has a global presence in the field of electronics. Let us take a closer look at some of the more attractive features of this product:
- Coverage Area: 200 sq ft
- Filters: Grade H14 HEPA Filter, Active Carbon Filter, and a Pre-Filter
- Noise: Silent Mode
- Product Dimension: 20.9 x 38.3 x 54 Centimeters
- HEPA Filter Life: 6 Months
- Carbwon Filter Life: 6 Months
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Includes the special ‘Haze’ function that detects the high pollution levels.
- Features the unique 20-degree airflow that ensures the top to floor cleaning of the room.
- Made from ABS material.
- Features ‘Auto-restart’ operation.
- Also features ‘Dust and Odour’ sensors which are indicated through the LED indicator.
- Now you can enjoy peaceful sleep by selecting from any of the three operation modes.
- Works on the Plasma Cluster technology.
- CADR is 240/150/90(H/M/L) m3/hour.
PROS & CONS
10. Atlanta Healthcare 7-Stage 43-Watt Air Purifier With Hepa, Ionizer, Anti-Bacterial Filter, Activated Carbon, Photo Catalyst And Uv [Cadr = 120 Cum/Hr]
Atlanta Healthcare brings to you among the best air purifier in India under 15000. The product itself is a fine blend of technology and design. The features have been designed, keeping in mind the ease of use and efficiency of the operation as per expectations.
- Coverage Area: 350 sq ft
- Filters: HEPA Filter, Anti-Bacterial Filter, Activated Carbon
- Noise : 45 dB
- Product Dimension: 38 x 23 x 57 cm
- HEPA Filter Life: 8-12 Months When in Use
- Carbon Filter Life: 8-12 Months When in uUse
- Warranty: 1 Year Off-Site
- Includes the 7-stage air filtration technology.
- The air is sterilized through the built-in UV lamp. This ensures virus and bacteria-free air.
- Features Odor Sensors, which works under the automatic device control.
- Operation includes Photocatalyst oxidation.
- Also includes UV light and ionizer that are also known as ‘Air Vitamins’. These enrich the quality of the air in the room.
- Includes the Super Silent technology for a good night of peaceful sleep.
- The Timer and the Auto-start feature can be set for 1 to 12 hours. Also, the Manual mode can be used for efficient results.
- Is CE certified, thus making it a trusted product for safe use.
- The entire installation is an easy process with the simple Plug and Play.
- Can be used for our day to day functions, Industry application, at Healthcare, and other lifestyle activities as well.
PROS & CONS
11. KENT Aura Room Air Purifier 45-Watt with HEPA Technology (White)
This is one of the best air purifiers in India and is known to show some excellent customer feedback. The product has been designed with added features that make it reliable and easy to use. Let us examine some of the detailed features that make KENT a trustworthy brand.
- Coverage Area: 290 sq ft
- Filters: HEPA, Carbon Filters
- Noise : n/a
- Product Dimension: 350 x 180 x 482 Meters
- HEPA Filter Life: 2200 Hours of Operation
- Carbon Filter Life: n/a
- Warranty: 1 Year
- The input power supply for the product is 200-240 V, AC 50/60 Hz
- The HEPA technology helps remove the harmful pollutants from the air.
- Features the ‘dust-collection’ technology.
- The Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR): 180 m3/hr.
- Can also eliminate PM 2.5 pollutants from the air. It also removes the SPM present in the indoor air.
- Features intelligent light sensors to monitor air quality.
- The in-built Ioniser enriches the air around the room. The pollutants are made to stick to the walls, thus keeping the air you breathe clean.
- The user-friendly design makes the device easy to handle and use as required.
PROS & CONS
12. Honeywell Air Touch A5 53-Watt Room Air Purifier (Champagne Gold)
This is one of the best air purifiers in India under 10000. Honeywell is a trusted brand that is known for its sleek designs in electronics and also the detailed features. Likewise, the brand brings to you this fine product which has grown to become a bestseller.
- Coverage Area: 323 sq ft
- Filters: HEPA and Activated Carbon Filters
- Noise : n/a
- Product Dimension: 20.7 x 38.2 x 48.6 cm
- HEPA Filter Life: 3000 Hours
- Carbon Filter Life: 3000 Hours
- Warranty: 1 Year
- Features a three colour LED display.
- Includes Smart filters that alert when the filter needs to be changed
- Has a 3D airflow design thus making every single corner of the room clean.
- The ECARF certification makes this one of the most trusted products.
- Offers an energy-efficient operation with low running cost and high filter life of 3000 hours.
- This is an Ozone free air purifier.
- Has a 99% efficiency.
- Is designed to remove pollutants sized at 0.3 microns and PM 2.5.
- Features the three-stage advanced filtration stage.
- This is an award-winning design.
- The Child-lock feature makes it safe for the entire family.
PROS & CONS
Which Cities in India Have The Poorest Quality of Air?
Air pollution has grown to be a serious issue of concern across the globe. The health problems arising due to an increase in the levels of toxins in the air are alarming. Various factors like the increase in industrialization, overpopulation, and an increase in the number of vehicles on the street contribute to the high pollution levels. India has found a prominent spot in the 14th position when it comes to being the world’s most polluted cities. It has been estimated that about 7 million people lose their lives due to air pollution every year. This is quite an alarming rate as one might least expect to die due to inhaling the toxic air. PM 2.5 is the average amount that has been used to rank the most polluted cities in India.
- Kanpur: The annual average level of PM 2.5 in Kanpur is 173, which is 17 times more than the levels recommended by the WHO. This is mainly due to the leather factories in the city.
- Faridabad: This is the second most polluted city in India. The increase in pollution is mainly due to the construction, burning of crops, industrial fumes, and vehicles.
- Varanasi: Being a Holy city, the region enjoys an influx of tourism throughout the year. The average level of PM 2.5 in the city was as high as 151.
- Gaya: Again, being a holy city in Bihar, the city is subjected to an increase in tourism throughout the year. The average PM 2.5 level is 149 here, and this is 15 times more than the recommended levels by the WHO
- Patna: Located on the banks of the holy river Ganga, this is one of the most polluted cities in India. The average PM 2.5 level is 144 as reported by the WHO.
- Delhi– The capital city has been continuously on the news for its toxic air. The condition worsens as the Winter approaches. The average PM 2.5 levels are 114 micrograms as per WHO reports.
Best Air Purifier in India- Buying Guide
There are a few aspects that we need to bear in mind when picking out the best air purifier brand in India. As we place our health dependant upon the efficiency of an air purifier, you must purchase a good one. Let us help you ‘learn’ about a few pointers that will make it easier for you to select rightly:
1. Types of Air Purifiers: There are five different types of air purifiers:
a. HEPA Purifiers
This is one of the oldest and most trusted technologies. It was first used in the making of gas masks during WWII. Now, it has found a popular application as a household name when it comes to air-purifiers. HEPA stands for high-efficiency particulate air. It functions by straining out the microscopic particles of diameter 0.3 micrometres. The filter has an efficiency of removing 99.97% of particles from the air.
b. Adsorbent Purifiers
These are known to trap both Chemicals and odour in the air. It is also featured in some of the best air purifiers for smoke. The filter makes use of adsorbent materials that attract toxic matter through various physical or chemical processes.
c. UV Purifiers
The UV filters in these purifiers are known to utilize the process of ultraviolet germicidal irradiation to break down the chemical bonds of the microbes. This is useful in the efficient killing of the Viruses and Bacteria present in the air.
d. Ionic Purifiers
This Air purifier type emits ions. The ions are positively or negatively charged particles and are released from the purifier through a process called Corona Discharge. The ions attach themselves to the toxic particles and cause them to settle over solid surfaces. This can easily be wiped off during cleaning.
e. Ozone Generators
This type can utilize either the UV light or the Corona discharge to eradicate the toxic materials in the air. This works by breaking the Oxygen molecule into two separate oxygen atoms. This recombines into the surrounding Oxygen molecule to form a three Oxygen Atom structure. The Ozone filters are widely used in some of the best air purifiers in India and are also efficient.
2. Filtration Technology
This is the process of filtration where particular laden air is made to pass-through a Porous material. This helps in the separation of the toxic materials from the air and thus resulting in the expulsion of cleaner air on the other side. You need to check through the filtration technology that is applied in a particular Air purifier, as it directly determines the efficiency of the results.
3. Room Size
Room size matters a lot when it comes to the effectiveness of the air purifier. When purchasing the home appliance, be sure to go for the one that has an efficiency of 20-40% more than the one you require for. Air purifiers are available to work in three specific room sizes:
155sq ft- Small Room
300 Sq ft- Medium Room
500 Sq ft- Large room
4. ACH and CADR
ACH- Air change per Hour
CADR – Clean Air Delivery Range
These are the two terms one needs to learn of when selecting the best air purifier and humidifier in India. You need to follow the 2/3 rd rule. According to this, you need to go for an air purifier that has a CADR of more than 2/3 rd of the room in sq ft with a maximum height of 2.4 meters.
As for the ACH levels, it is recommended a minimum rating of 4.
Good maintenance is the key to efficiency and fine working of an air purifier. The user needs to learn a few pointers when operating the appliance:
- When you have to clean or move the air purifier, be sure to unplug it.
- It is essential to clean the Pre-filter at least once a month
- Make sure that the Pre-filter is completely dried before you place it back into the device.
- The HEPA filter can be cleaned through gentle vacuuming once a month. This helps remove the pollutants and particles caught-up on its surface.
- It is prohibited to use water or regular household detergent to clean the filters.
- Also, never apply force or pressure when cleaning the surface of the filter.
6. Energy Efficiency
The air purifier is one appliance that needs to be on a work-mode round the clock. This can lead to various energy consumption concerns. It is therefore recommended to opt for a choice that is energy efficient in its workings. There are some of the best air purifiers in India that are designed to be cost-effective. These types are known to be 40% more efficient and can save up to 225 kWh in yearly savings. It is necessary to go for this option as every one of us needs to be responsible for our environment.
Now that you have bought yourself a good air purifier, it is essential to known which is the best placement position for it. Be sure not to place the appliance behind any furniture. Also, avoid under the Shelf area as this can block the airflow. Be sure to place the air purifier at a place that can ‘face’ the entire space. It is essential to be able to be at a place where the pollutants ‘arrive’ from.
Not every day is a good day. What might be a pollution hotspot today might not be the same after say a week. For, this, it is essential to be able to move your air purifier likewise. A good air purifier is lightweight, sleek in design, easy to handle to make its mobility an easy task.
As the air purifier is probably going to be working round the clock, you do not want it to make much noise. Opt for a ‘silent operation’ or anything that has a 32 dbA of noise. This is categorized as a ‘good’ air purifier that will not harm your hearing health in anyways.
Some of the best air purifiers in India are light in weight. This ensures easy handling, fuss-free mobility, and proper placement where required. So, the next time you are buying yourself an air purifier, be sure to pick the one that is light in weight.
Aside from the purchasing rates, you also have to consider the operating charges and maintenance charges of an air purifier. You need to bear in mind that the filters will require replacement. To do this, be sure to replace the Carbon filter every month and the HEPA filter once every three months. Generally, the Carbon filters cost about INR 1000 – 3000, and the HEPA filters cost about INR 3000. Also, investigate the service charges from the manufacturers. While a warranty is a great help, it is also essential to find out about the spare parts, their availability, and costs in the market.
As an air purifier is usually a long-term investment, be sure to check out the warranty. This will assist you in the ease of use as you ‘get-to-know’ your appliance better. It is also a good idea to know if the warranty covers spare parts, and what are they? Some of the best air purifier brands in India include a long-term warranty that also includes certain vital parts of the machine.
13. Additional Features
With the improvement in technology, the latest models of air purifiers also include certain additional features. These help in the overall performance and user satisfaction as well.
The timer is one of the prime factors that affect the efficiency of the machine. The auto-timer is convenient and helps conserve energy in the long run. This allows the machine to the turn-off at a specified time interval. It is usually 2, 4, or 8 hours.
b. Adjustable Fan Speeds
Usually, some of the best air purifiers for large rooms feature multiple fan speeds. On average, there are 2-5 speed settings for the users to adjust according to their needs.
This is one feature that you must consider in detail before you zero on an air purifier of your choice. A pre-filter helps extend the life of the machine. These are washable and can be reused for a long time.
Some of the best air purifiers in India feature the use of Indicators. These are a life-saver when it comes to helping you enjoy a long-term relationship with your air purifier. The indicators alert you about when to replace a filter, thus, helping in the maintenance of the device.
Some of the more ‘advanced’ models bear the Sensors. The main aim of the sensors is to detect the pollution levels in the air. This, in turn, signals the machine to adjust the settings accordingly, thus, offering you efficient results.
f. PCO & Anti-Microbial Treatment
This is yet another feature that helps in enhancing the overall results and to offer better maintenance of the machine. This is a coating that avoids the ‘build-up’ of the bacteria and the subsequent spread throughout the internal filters. This result is avoiding the reintroduction of the microbes back into the air.
Uses/Functions of an Air Purifier
- To eliminate Odour from the surrounding.
- Air purifiers are known to neutralize smoke. This helps ease discomfort when dealing with asthmatic patients.
- The device traps dust. This is a nuisance in a heavily polluted city like Mumbai, where dust seems to accumulate everywhere. However, with an air purifier, excessive dust is trapped, thus, leaving you with less dusting to do every time.
- Some of the best air purifiers in India function to eliminate 99% of the bacteria. This is excellent news for people who are battling ‘air-borne’ illnesses.
- One of the essential functions of the air purifier is to combat seasonal allergens. This helps control the spread of Flu within and outside of the home.
Figure Out The Pollution Level In Your Home
The air we breath-in directly affects our overall health and well-being. It is, therefore, essential to be able to ‘know the air around you’. This is especially recommended if you are living in a cosmopolitan city that is heavy with pollutants. One of the best methods is the strategic placement of the Sensors. These are devices that are designed to ‘measure’ any input into the physical environment. Some of the core categories are:
Conditions To Be Met
10 micrometer or less in diameter
Less than 9 ppm
Less than 500 ug/m3
Less than 27 ppb
Should be 700 ppm above outdoor levels
68.5°F to 74°F (winter); 75°F to 80.5°F (summer)
One should be able to read the above through the use of Sensors that allow you a better idea about the ‘health of the air’ around you. It is also a good idea to purchase from among the best air purifier online and inhale clean air at home.
Placement of the Sensors
Placement is the main game-changer when it comes to deriving the best results out of an air purifier. It is advisable to place the device at the centre of the room, to clean the air all around the area. The other option is to place the device ‘facing’ the entire room, as this allows the air from the entire ‘space’ to get treated properly.
Best Air Purifiers Brands
Various trusted brands prevail in the Indian market which ensures the quality and safety of the product and excellent after-sale services.
Dyson: This is a British company and was established in the year 1991. This is among the list for the ‘best air purifier brand in India’. The company is a well-known one for the manufacture of home appliances and lights.
Philips: This is a Dutch Company and was established in the year 1891. One of the oldest and the most trusted brands by homemakers, it manufactures some of the best in air purifiers.
Honeywell: Honeywell is an American company and was founded in the year 1906. This is one of the ‘Fortune 100’ Companies and operations in various business areas. This is one of the trusted brands that offer great technology solutions.
Benefits of an Air Purifier
- To increase the life expectancy in the people. This is essential as breathing-in clean air contributes to good health and longer life.
- Some of the old buildings comprise of Abestos in their roofs and insulation pipes. With time, the Abestos start to shed-off and circulates in the air. Inhaling of this toxic air is hazardous to the lungs. An air purifier can help you clean the surrounding air and help you breathe healthily and live long.
- Radon is a toxic gas that is emitted from the building materials like rocks, granite, and soil. An air purifier can help cleanse the air from Radon, thus, helping you to ‘good air’ and a healthy lifestyle.
- Regular use of air purifiers is also known to help people sleep better. This is reported to be one of the most popular benefits of the device. This is essential, as this device is known to eliminate any form of allergens from the air, thus offering you a ‘congestion-free’ sleep through the night.
Best Air Purifier in India-FAQs
Yes, considering the growth in pollution levels across the globe, it is a necessity. However, the priority of use greatly depends upon any ‘impending health’ issues as well.
When suffering from Asthama, be sure to buy an air purifier that includes HEPA filters. These can eliminate particles as small as 0.3 microns, thus leaving you with clean air.
The Mechanical Air purifier is the safest choice to go for. These include the HEPA filters that are made from fine glass fibers.
The best placement for air purifiers is either at the center of the room or a place facing the entire room.
Yes, they very much do. It is also a recommended choice to make if you live in a Metro city in India. However, you might want to buy a ‘high performance heavy-duty’ device that can effectively deal with severe pollution levels.
Yes, for the best results. As the air is constantly circulating and changing throughout the day, it is advisable to leave your device switched-on at all times.
Yes, the Ozone Air purifiers are known to generate certain side-effects. This is generally because high levels of Ozone in the air is harmful to human beings as well. Major side effects include cough, sore throat, chest pain, and shortness of breath.
CADR rating is the measure of the toxic particles removed from every cubic foot of the air. The highest is 450 for smoke and 400 for dust.
The best air purifier in India that features HEPA filters is recommended for the fight against Corona.
Best Air Purifier in India- The conclusion
‘Health is wealth’. It is therefore important to be able to invest rightly in appliances that can help us lead a healthy life. Not many know, but, the indoor air is often more polluted than the outdoor air. All health enthusiasts believe in the importance of clean, fresh air. It is essential for us, as it directly affects our overall well-being. Thus, according to the ease of use, efficiency, and budget, we bring to you our top 3 recommendations:
The High-end type: DYSON( INR 48, 900- INR 29, 900)
This is one of the best air purifiers in India and is recommended if you have serious health issues. Dyson, the brand is widely trusted and is much recommended. These monitors react and purify accordingly. This is also one of the best air purifiers for large rooms. The Dyson air purifiers are known to block the allergens, thus works the best for breathing problems or Asthma.
The Mid-Range Type: Coway Professional (INR 29900- INR 17,900)
One of the most trusted brands with 8 units sold every minute. This brand offers you safe air on a reasonable amount. The also features the Smart pollution sensors that allow you a care-free operation throughout. Coway Professional is also a great choice if you have elders, patients, babies, or pregnant women in the house.
The Budget-Type: Philips (INR 22, 995- INR 11,995)
The brand house of Philips brings to you from among the best budget air purifier in India. This is also one of the most affordable, yet trusted brands when it comes to purifying the air around you. Now, you no longer have to worry about not being able to afford ‘clean air’ as Philips skillfully helps you out.
“But still, you should go through specifications, key features, pros & cons of each model and then decide which model is to go for because every model is best in its way”.