Can I use Trimmer for Shaving? Yes, you can; it is one of the best ideas ever. But, just like everything else, there is a method to the madness. This means that one needs to know how to use the trimmer correctly if one needs to shave with it. There are cases of men and women who have successfully tried and used the trimmer to rid themselves of body hair, facial hair, and fine hair from wherever they need to. However, one needs to make sure that the tool is used in the right manner. So, can a trimmer be used for shaving? Yes, and let us take a look at how the ladies can use it.
For the Tummy
Not all have the appetite and the bravado to remove the hair from the tummy and back. It is painful, time taking, and also not risk-free. Hence, a handy trimmer is one of the best options to get a nice pain-free, swift shave in no time. Not just that, one can enjoy a nice clean shave in a matter of 15 minutes. To do so effectively, you need to follow the below steps:
- Get into the Shower
- Wet the tummy area with body wash and water
- Lather lightly
- Gently stretch the tummy area from above and position the trimmer in the same direction as the hair growth.
- Now, move the trimmer slowly and gently in the opposite direction
- Once done, wash away the hair removed with water and soap
- Be sure to use a nice body lotion all over the area after dab-drying.
For the Eyebrows and Upper Lip
Eyebrows are the frames of the face and allow the face cut to be enhanced. However, a well-positioned eyebrow can enhance the beauty of the face. But maintaining a well-defined eyebrow is an art, and not all times can trust the Salon person. Moreover, overspending on salons is also a matter to be considered. However, one can take charge of their own shape with the help of the trimmer. So, how can you shave with a trimmer and shape your eyebrows? Well, here’s how:
- Clean the eyebrow area of your face properly with the help of the cotton pads
- Use a pencil to outline the shape you wish for your eyebrows.
- Now, pat dry for any doubts about moisture
- Use the Eyebrow trimmer to gently eliminate the excess hair located on the outside of the eyebrow line drawn by the pencil.
- All the while, you need to make sure that both eyebrows are balanced
- Step back after every few trims to ensure you get the shape right.
To Shave the Bikini Area
This is an intimate area and needs care just as much. Nonetheless, it is much easier to remove the hair from the Bikini area as well. But can you use a trimmer to shave the intimate parts? Well, yes, if done the right way:
- Clean and pat dry the Bikini area
- Start from above the navel and proceed
- You need to make sure that you stretch the area you are shaving using the trimmer with your finger.
- Be sure to hold back when in doubt.
- It is recommended to cover smaller portions to start with
- Stop at any time you feel the process can hurt you.
- Do not use soap immediately after
- Clean using warm water
- Apply a gentle lotion to the Bikini area after you are done.
To Remove Hair from The Nose
There are other special people out there that have to deal with unruly hair emerging from the insides of the nose. This can look quite scary, unhygienic, and also unkempt. However, the trimmer can be used to shave off the extra hair from your node as well. To do so, you will need to:
- Start by ensuring you are seated in a comfortable position
- Be sure that you are in a well-lit area so that you can check the process in progress
- Now, power-ON the trimmer and gently insert it on the insides of the nostrils
- All it takes is five minutes, and you will be done with that horrible-looking hair poking out from your nose.
- Repeat the process with the other nostril as well.
How To Remove the Unwanted hair from the Underarms
Most people (me included) believe that one cannot remove hair from the underarms using a trimmer. Well, this is entirely untrue. In fact, as we know, trimmers are known to ‘clip-off’ hair from the surface and do reach over to the follicles. Hence, for a high-risk area, like the underarms, this is advantageous as it minimizes the chances of cuts and wounds. So, how do you use the trimmer in the underarm area? Well, below are the steps:
- Wash the armpits with soap and water.
- Now, position the arms over your head to offer a good stretch to the underarm area.
- Also, this position exposes the underarms.
- Now, you need to start from the bottom upwards when trimming the hair from the armpit.
- Keep your armpits well-stretched throughout the process to ensure you get the perfect trim.
Can You Clean the Shave With a Trimmer?
No, one cannot get a clean shave using a trimmer. The reasons are pretty clear. As mentioned earlier, the trimmer has been designed to ‘clip off’ the hair from the skin’s surface and does not remove the hair from the roots. Hence, if you are aiming for that ‘sleek, clean-shaven look’ using a trimmer, you’d better get hold of a razor. This grooming tool has been designed to eliminate hair from the roots, offering a ‘baby bottom’ result.
Can I Use Trimmer for Shaving?: The Conclusion
So, there you have it, people. These are some facts, features, tips, and techniques when dealing with a trimmer. This is a well-sought grooming tool that is best suited for beginners as it helps minimize the chances of cuts and wounds.