You can clean mixer Grinder in various smart ways. While most of us might want to instantly hit the ‘customer care’ button when our machine gets ‘nagging,’ nevertheless, a little bit of ‘tender care love’ is all it takes. Some tips are quite simple, and easy ‘DIY’s that can go a long way in easy maintenance of the mixer grinder and is also easy on the pockets. So, what are the few smart ways to clean your mixer grinder at home? Well, here are our top methods:
1. Use the Basic Washing Powder
Sounds strange? After all, the washing powder was meant for cleaning clothes so far. Well, the good news is that this can be used to clean the mixer-grinder as well. The best part is that you can use just about any brand of washing powder available at home for this trip.
What To Do:
- Take some powder and dilute it with water to form a solution. Now dampen the body of the mixer-grinder with a wet cloth all over. To do this, you need to scrub with the powder-water solution gently using a sponge. Wondering about ‘how to clean mixer grinder jar?’, well, this works just fine for that too.
- The second way is to mix the washing powder with about two tablespoons of Vinegar. Blend well to make a thick paste and apply it all over the stainless-steel parts. Allow the solution to settle for a while. Now use a gentle scrub and clean away the grime from the stainless-steel parts with ease.
Also Read: Best Mixer Grinders in India
2. Using the Liquid Dishwasher Cleaner
A liquid dishwasher goes a long way in acting as a gentle cleaning agent. It works like a charm when it comes to cleaning away the accumulated dirt layers.
What you Need to Do:
- It is recommended to further dilute the liquid solution to be able to clean the mixer-grinder.
- Now, use a sponge or a gentle scrubber to cover all over the machine’s body.
- Allow sitting for a few minutes.
- Scrub away gently while using water in between washes.
- Use a clean, dry cloth to wipe clean the surface.
Also Read: Best Chimney In India
3. Baking Powder
This is yet another great cleaning agent that can be used for the effective cleaning of devices and machines. The rapid effects of baking powder are almost instantaneous.
What you need to do:
- Take a clean bowl and pour two spoons of baking soda into it.
- Add enough water to make a nice thick paste.
- This paste can be applied at the difficult to reach areas and insides of the jar as well.
- This is one of the best methods on how to clean the mixer jar as gently as possible without causing too much damage.
- Leave the paste as such for about twenty minutes before you clean it efficiently with a damp cloth.
- This is one of the best methods to get rid of foul odours as well.
Also Read: Best Wet Grinders In India 2021
4. Citric Acid
This is one of the best ways to clean a mixer grinder, as it can eliminate all kinds of stains. So, where can you get hold of pure Citric Acid? Well, get hold of all the lemons lying idle in your fridge.
What you need to do:
- Extract all the juice from the lemons.
- Now, pour all the extractions into the mixer jar.
- Run your jar a couple of times to ensure that the Citric Acid enters within all spaces.
- Now, run clean tap water all over the jar for the final cleansing.
- This will ensure all the odour from within the jar.
- As for the lime peel, use it to scrub all over the machine, especially at deeply stained spots.
- Pat dry with a cloth after rinsing with water.
Also Read: Best Electric Kettles in India
Among the best tips to clean the mixer grinder is the good old Vinegar. Found at all homes and easily available almost everywhere.
What you need to do:
- Get a nice clean spray bottle of any kind.
- Add two tablespoons of Vinegar and some warm water, mix.
- Add a few drops of liquid cleanser into the solution.
- Spray on tough spots or as required.
- Let sit for some minutes.
- Clean with water and pat dry.
Also Read: Best Air Fryer In India
A Few Essential Points For The Long Term Maintenance Of Mixer Grinder
- Be sure to clean your machine after every use, wet or dry.
- It is recommended to lock the jar to protect the blades.
- When operating the jar, be sure to start with low, go on to medium, and then high on speed.
- Never grind the ingredients when hot. Be sure to allow them to cool down before you pour them into the jar and operate.
- Secure the lid closed tightly to avoid spillage.
- Do not ignore the cord. It needs to be cleaned as well. For this, be sure to use a damp cloth over it.
- Makes space for your special machine. After all, the mixer grinder is often used, so it needs to be placed at a safe, out-of-reach place from children.
- Keep it away from the waterlogged place at all costs. This is to protect the machine from rusting from within.
Also Read: Best Sandwich Maker in India
CONCLUSION: Mixer Grinder Cleaning Tips
The mixer grinder is one of the most used appliances at our home. We need it for both wet and dry grinding of innumerable ingredients. However, most people neglect its maintenance or proper usage even. This is the main reason why we end up running to the service centre soon enough. In extreme cases, we end up buying a new machine now and then, leading to unwanted expenses. However, with a few nips and tucks at the right places, you will have your mixer grinder as good as new for a long time to come. For this, read the instructions well, follow the cleaning tips and storage ideas as well.