Solo Vs Grill Vs Convection Microwave Oven needs clarification as per functions and features that make each of them unique. But what makes each appliance unique is the specific function that offers the user the relief expected out of it. So, how do you decide upon what to choose and which ones to lose? Let us take a look at each of these appliances and are their advantages:
- The Solo Microwave Oven
- The Grill Microwave Oven
- The Convection Microwave Oven
- Information to Solo Vs Grill Vs Convection Microwave Oven
- Solo Vs Grill Vs Convection Microwave Oven : Conclusion
The Solo Microwave Oven
This is the most basic type of Microwave Oven and features the ‘beginner-level’ of functions. These functions include aspects like reheating, defrosting, cooking. For users who are beginners, the Solo Microwave ovens are an ideal choice as they are simple to use and efficient in their functions. The cost price of the oven starts from INR 4000, and the capacity ranges between 17 litres to 31 litres. The power consumption of this Oven type is between the range of 900W to 1600W.
Advantages of the Solo Microwave Oven
- Perfect for basic functions like reheating and defrosting.
- Can also be used for basic level cooking.
- The cooking process can be accomplished within the pre-set cooking time.
- Perfect for solo living and bachelor with small families.
Disadvantages of the Solo Microwave Ovens
- The cooking options are limited in this case.
- It is strictly recommended to use only microwave-proof utensils.
- Not for the large families.
- Metal utensils cannot be used.
- Cannot bake, roast, prepare Pizza, Brownies, cakes, bread, Kababs, and Tandoori.
The Grill Microwave Oven
When it comes to solo Vs Grill Microwave Oven, some features make the latter a preferred choice. One can say that this is an ‘upgrade level’ of the Solo Microwave oven, with the ‘grill‘ function being an added feature. These appliances comprise special ‘grill trays’ that are efficient in offering the required results. The power consumption is between 800 W to 1500 W, and the cost price starts at INR 6000. The capacity of this oven type ranges from 16 litres to 31 litres. Some of the recommended brands for this oven type are LG, IFB, Philips.
Advantages of the Grill Microwave Oven
- These are preferred for exclusive grill function.
- Can also be used for reheating, defrosting, and more.
- These can be used for cooking by setting the ‘timer’ for a certain dish or recipe.
- Can be used for BBQ preparations of meat and veggies.
- Easy to clean in comparison to the Solo Oven.
- Is perfect for BBQ lovers when wondering which is better, Solo or Grill Microwave Oven.
Disadvantages of the Grill Microwave Oven
- Not for baking or roasting of food.
- Metal utensils cannot be used in this oven type.
- Cannot prepare Brownies, Bread, Cakes, Pizza.
The Convection Microwave Oven
When it comes to Grill Microwave Oven Vs convection Microwave Oven, the latter is a ‘level-up’ in terms of features offered. This is perhaps the most advanced of the Oven-type and can be used for various cooking options making it the ultimate in cooking appliances. This Convection Oven starts with a cost price of INR 9000, and some of the most trusted brands in this category are Godrej, IFB, Philips, LG. The power consumption of this oven type is between 1000 W to 2200 W, and the capacity is between 15 to 38 litres.
Advantages of Convection Microwave Oven
- Can be used for multiple cooking options like baking, grilling, and roasting.
- It can be used for browning and crisping the food.
- Metal utensils can be used in this Oven type.
- Uniform cooking option.
- The power consumed is regulated with the help of the Inverter technology.
- The temperature adjustment is automatic as and when the Optimum cooking is achieved.
- Is perfect for experienced Chefs and cooks when wondering which is better Solo Vs Convection Microwave Oven.
Disadvantages of the Convection Oven
- Is the most expensive of the Oven types.
- Only one recipe can be cooked at a time, a real downer for a relatively expensive appliance.
- Despite the multi-cooking option, certain models do not grill.
Information to Solo Vs Grill Vs Convection Microwave Oven
Now that we have discussed in detail each of the oven types, let us take a look at the features that distinguish between each of them:
For basic blending, whipping
Can be used for grinding, mixing the blending
Can be used for blending, kneading, mixing, chopping, slicing, grating, scrapping
Up to 100 attachments
Is easily portable
Tough to travel with
Less to medium
Large space required
On A Budget
Ease Of Use
Easy to medium tough
Solo Vs Grill Vs Convection Microwave Oven : Conclusion
So, there you have it, my dear foodies; all you need to know about the various oven types and what sets each apart. As each of these types is still relevant in current times, it is a testimony of the fact that the users prefer each type as per requirement. However, if you are still wondering about what to op for, here are our recommendations:
Single Living Basic Cooking: For all you singles in town out there, the Solo is your cooking partner, and this is perfect for small spaces and families as well. With simple-to-follow features, this Oven type is great for quick recipes and fits in all pockets.
BBQ Evenings: Too much of a BBQ lover? Well, simply opt for the Grill Microwave Oven that will keep at par with the ‘Char-cravings’ every weekend.
Jack Of All Trade: A little bit is everything? If you are the mix-bag when it comes to cooking preferences, then the Convection is your choice. This oven can practically do everything when it comes to recipes and more. With multi-cooking options and various pre-programmed options, the oven is excellent for beginners and chefs alike.