Hair clipper Vs trimmer can cause a lot of confusion when selecting the appropriate grooming tool. To start with, both are grooming tools that can be used to acquire a clean look, and these come with their own set of differences. However, it is essential to know the differences in each of these, as it will help in a better understanding of how and where to use the tool. So, it is best to take a closer look at each of these tools and their pros and cons individually:
The hair clipper is an electronic device used to cut the length of the hair according to one’s needs. Usually, the hair clipper comprises various attachments called guards. These guards are generally of different shapes, functions and sizes. This is designed to allow the user the ease of being able to easily cut the various length of hair accordingly. This means that when one needs ‘two haircuts, one would require two different guards for the haircut.
The ‘0’ size guard is the minimum size and can cut about 1/16 inch of hair. Likewise, the following are the guards and the length they can clip:
- Number 0 is equivalent to 1/16 of an inch.
- Number 1 is equivalent to 1/8 of an inch.
- Number 2 is equivalent to 1/4 of an inch.
- Number 3 is equivalent to 3/8 of an inch.
- Number 4 is equivalent to 1/2 of an inch.
- Number 5 is equivalent to 5/8 of an inch.
- Number 6 is equivalent to 3/4 of an inch.
- Number 7 is equivalent to 7/8 of an inch.
- Number 8 is equivalent to 1 inch.
- Number 10 is equivalent to 1.25 inches.
- Number 12 is equivalent to 1.5 inches.
When it comes to clipper vs trimmer best advantage of the clipper is that it can be used in both damp and dry hair. Also, it is possible to clean and maintain the hair clumps once done easily.
The Advantages of the Clipper
- Is easy to maintain.
- The clipper is easy to clean.
- It is a perfect tool to have maximum control over the length of the hair that can be clipped.
- Comprises of various types, sizes and attachments.
The Disadvantages of a Clipper
The Beard Trimmer
The trimmer is a stainless steel device or a type of grooming tool that is used for the purpose of being able to shave, cut and get rid of facial or body hair. The trimmer works by being held at a particular angle that allows the blades to operate in a required manner. This is the reason that the trimmer is able to offer the necessary cut or shave without having to apply too much pressure.
The trimmer is both corded and cordless and can be used as per one’s desires. Some of the latest versions of the trimmer are high-tech and comprise the most user-friendly options. Most importantly, the market has also launched the ‘Women’s trimmer’ that can be used for various body parts accordingly. These are specially made while keeping in mind the delicate nature of the woman’s skin.
The Advantages of the Trimmer
- The major aspect of a hair trimmer vs a hair clipper is that the trimmer is quite versatile.
- The trimmer can be used for a variety of haircuts and styles.
- It is more of a styling tool and can be used for creating the hairstyle of your dreams.
- If one requires a close shave or a ‘trim,’ the trimmer is the best option.
- Comprises various attachments, each specific for every styling need.
- The female trimmer is also available, thus, making it possible for women to use the tool with ease.
- It is portable and compact.
- It can be travelled along with.
The Disadvantages of the Trimmer
- It does not control the length of the hair that needs to be clipped.
- It is usually an expensive option.
- If not used with caution, it can lead to burns, cuts and wounds.
- It needs to be taken care of for safety and better maintenance.
The Difference Between a Clipper and a Trimmer
Is a lage device
Relatively smaller device
Comprises of narrow blade
Teeth are spaced wide apart
Teeth spaced are Narrow spaced
Is the traditional method of use.
Is a modern method of use.
Deep set Teeth
Shallow set teeth
Is used for removing thick and large hair chunks
Offers good detail and edgier cut.
Is a perfect fit for covering the large area for hair removal.
Is perfect for smaller area and hair removal.
Is not fit for beginners
Is perfect for beginners
Does not offers better control
Offers better control
Comprises of attachments according to size.
Comprises of innumerable attachments accrding to the body parts.
Cannot be used by women
Has been specially designed for women as well.
Ceramic Coating Vs. Granite Coating: The Conclusion
So, there you have it, people; when it comes to what’s the difference between clippers and trimmers, you now know. Both are relevant grooming tools that have been designed to allow the required results when it comes to hair removal. However, here is our advice:
The Trimmer: If you are on the move and require proper styling or a good shave, then the trimmer is the perfect pick. It is also suitable for women, as some of the best brands in the world have come up with women-special trimmer designs. The best part about the trimmer is that it is compact and can be used when you are moving.
The Clipper: This is a more traditional method of hair removal, and the tool has been designed in a manner accordingly. The clipper is your best friend if you need to be precise about cutting the hair length.